Join us for the public symposium A Time to Heal
Please make plans to attend the A Time to Heal symposium! This one-day public event is being held Nov. 9 to address racial issues in Fort Worth and to identify possible solutions. The special guest will include a meet-and-greet and book signing by music mogul and author Dr. Mathew Knowles.
Moderated by the legendary journalist, Bob Ray Sanders, the symposium will include a lecture and panel discussion that will consist of leaders from former FW Race & Culture Task Force, city government officials, law enforcement and leaders from the education, religion and psychology sectors.
This symposium will be a wonderful time to come together and find strength in diversity by discussing the importance of:
- Uniting the Racial Divide
- Protecting and Serving the Citizens of Fort Worth
- Teaching the Contributions from All Races & Cultures in America History
- Social Courage to Address Racial Mental Health
- The Role of the Faith Community in Supporting Racial Healing
For students, staff and faculty who would like to attend, please RSVP here. Students, staff and faculty will have to present your ID upon arrival for the event.
- Where: Martin Hall
- When: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
This event was planned as part of the Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan.