Packing for school can be an exciting and stressful time – buying new items, packing familiar ones and fitting it all in one trip.
Here is a top 5 list of what to bring and what not to bring to Texas Wesleyan to make this year great at Texas Wesleyan!
- Scented wall plugs—these are great to ensure a nice smelling room without the threat of fire.
- 3M Command Hooks—or any brand. The goal is to minimize damage and maximize décor.
- XL mattress topper—you cannot bring your own mattress from home but you can have a mattress topper that can help you sleep more comfortable.
- Small desk lamp—perfect for late night studying.
- Laundry bag—you will need this to haul your clothes to our free laundry services in your hall.
Bonus list of items you should not bring to campus because we really like you.
Do not bring:
- Candles—a major no-no in the halls since they are a fire hazard. This also includes candle warmers and halogen lamps. If it is a hot plate or does not have an automatic shut off, it cannot come with you to campus.
- Nails/Screws—these cause damage to your room walls that you will be responsible for at checkout.
- Toaster/Electric pan—as mentioned above, consider the source of heat and is it exposed. Review the University policies page for prohibited items in our Residence Halls.
- Pet(s)—these cuties must stay at home; an exception is a household fish in a properly maintained aquarium.
- Extension cord—these are only acceptable if they have a surge protector.
This list is not a complete list, of course. If you want more information, please review the Student Handbook and other helpful materials regarding our campus policies.