Texas Wesleyan University maintains a nurse-directed Health Services office (located in West Village Room 110) to promote a positive and balanced lifestyle for every student.
Confidential assessments are provided at no additional cost. Please call 817-531-4875 to schedule an appointment.
For information regarding health insurance for students, please see the Student Health Insurance Plan Informational.
- Nurse assessments
- Health counseling
- Over-the-counter medications
- Flu vaccines
- TB tests
- Blood pressure screenings
- Minor first aid
- Assistance navigating your current insurance for referrals
- Educational health programming
- Confidential Resource for reports of Title IX
Health Services provides free assessments and counseling, vaccinations and immunizations, minor first aid, over the counter medication, referrals, and assistance navigating your insurance for referrals. While we try to maintain zero costs for students, depending on the request, students may be required to pay for materials.
Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Information
Texas Wesleyan University requires all students to comply with Texas Legislature rules for university immunization requirements. This includes students who are affiliated with Texas Wesleyan University through:
- Dual enrollment
- Non-degree seeking
- Upward Bound
- Commuter or residential
- Under the age of 22
Please review all applicable requirements:
- All new students under the age of 22 are required to submit evidence of immunization against Bacterial Meningitis.
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination (BMV) must be submitted to the Office of Admissions before class registration. Please review the Bacterial Meningitis student policy for additional information and for the appropriate office to submit immunization documents.
- A student's BMV must be administered 10 days before attending class.
Please send a copy of proof of immunizations via email attachment, fax or mail to:
Office of Admissions
Baker Martin House
1201 Wesleyan Street
Fort Worth, TX 76105
Other than proof of the bacterial meningitis vaccine (BMV) or affidavit declining the vaccination, Texas Wesleyan University no longer requires the submission of immunization records as a requirement for class registration or to move into the residence halls.