'Tartuffe' plays to packed and sold out crowds; closes Sunday
Theatre Wesleyan opened the 2018/19 season with a new adaptation of Molière's classic comedy, Tartuffe, on Thursday, Sept. 20. The opening weekend's three performances played to well-attended audiences, including a sold-out performance on Saturday, which added additional seating to accomodate guests.
The second weekend of performances begins this Thursday, Sept. 27. Tartuffe's final performance will be at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 30.
This production of the hilarious farce, both adapted and directed by Jeanne Everton, tells the story of a con man who deceives a well-to-do gentleman in an attempt to take over the family fortune. The show has a total runtime of two hours (15-minute intermission included) and is suitable for audiences of all ages.
For tickets, cast and crew information, and performance schedule, please visit www.txwes.edu/theatretickets.
How to buy tickets
To buy tickets, call 817-531-4211 or visit the online box office. Through the Student Theatrical Experience Fund (STEF), all Texas Wesleyan students can go to the show for free. Take advantage of your opportunity for a little free entertainment and support your fellow Rams.
How do TXWES students get their free ticket?
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show at the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.