Theatre Wesleyan presents new comedy 'Fuddy Meers' Nov. 13-23
Theatre Wesleyan's third production of the 2014-15 season, Fuddy Meers, presented Nov. 13-23 in the Thad Smotherman Theatre. This high energy farce by David Lindsay-Abaire is directed by senior Theatre major Jacob E. Sanchez.
Claire has a rare form of psychogenic amnesia that erases her memory whenever she goes to sleep. Every twist and turn in this funhouse plot bring Claire closer to revealing her past life and everything she thought she'd forgotten.
It's one harrowing and hilarious turn after another on this roller coaster ride through the day of an amnesiac trying to decipher her fractured life.
This poignant and brutal new comedy traces one woman's attempt to regain her memory while surrounded by a curio-cabinet of alarmingly bizarre characters.
The cast features:
- Sophomore Akira Owens (Claire)
- Junior Cameron Byerly (Richard)
- Sophomore Colton Mallory (Millet)
- Sophomore Jasmine West (Gertie)
- Junior Logan Rodgers (Limping Man)
- Freshman Travis Jones (Kenny)
- Junior Deja Chase (Heidi).
The production team includes:
- Senior Jacob Sanchez (Student Director)
- Associate Professor of Theatre Jeanne Everton (Directing mentor/ Dialects coach);
- Sophomore Tyler Guse (Stage Manager)
- Junior Carlos Brumfield (Assistant Stage Manager),
- Senior Bradley Gray (Scenic Design),
- Sophomore Trey Cardona (Properties Design)
- Sophomore Jasmine West (Assistant Properties Design)
- Associate Professor of Theatre and Chair Bryan Stevenson (Lighting Design)
- Sophomore Kelsey Manuel (Sound Design)
- Professor of Theatre Brynn Bristol (Costume Design)
- Sophomore Akira Owens (Assistant Costumes Design)
- Juniors Heather O’Donnell and Kaila Saffle (Hair and Makeup/ Prosthetics Design)
- Theatre Staff Madalyn Russell (Publicity Design)
The show runs Nov. 13-15 at 7:30 p.m., Nov. 20-22 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 23 at 2 p.m. Our Box Office opens Nov. 10 and hours will be 1-5 p.m. To reserve tickets, call our box office at 817-531-4211. Tickets prices for students with ID are $5, faculty and staff are $5 and general admissions are $10.
The Thad Smotherman Theatre is located on the Texas Wesleyan Campus on the corner of Avenue E and Binkley Street.