Update, Feb. 23: The event has been postponed until March 9 due to winter weather.
Join community leaders at 7:30 a.m. on Feb. 24 in the Martin Center for a thoughtful and engaged discussion of our progress and challenges in commemoration of Black History Month. Moderated by veteran journalist Bob Ray Sanders, our inaugural Candid Conversation community event includes a discussion by the following leaders:
- Dr. Whitnee Boyd, Ph.D., Office of the Chancellor at Texas Christian University, consultant and podcaster ("This World Is Ours")
- Dr. John Barnett Jr., dentist and an organizer of the proposed Fort Worth African American Museum and Cultural Center
- Mattie Parker, Fort Worth Mayor
- Estrus Tucker, CEO of DEI Consultants Inc. LLC
"There is always a need to dialogue about challenges and progress related to race and equity in the Fort Worth community," said Director of Collegiate Academy and College Credit Partnerships and Diversity and Inclusion Council member Jamal C. Williams. "As a staff member, it is encouraging to see that Texas Wesleyan is partnering with the Fort Worth Report to host Candid Conversations."
This is a FREE community event. A complimentary continental breakfast will be served. Come be part of the conversation!
Location: Nick and Lou Martin University Center (2nd Floor)
- 7:30-8 a.m. - Breakfast and Networking
- 8-9 a.m. - Program
Participants will need to register for this event.