Instant Messaging service is offered through Cisco Jabber, an all-in-one communications tool, with multiple options and features for collaborating with your colleagues.
- Cisco Jabber - A software application used to deliver the Instant Messaging and collaboration features listed below. It is available for computer workstations and mobile platforms, such as Apple and Android devices.
- IM (chat) - Have real-time, text-based conversations in one-on-one or group sessions.
- Presence - A feature indicating the real-time availability status of you and your colleagues. Your Presence status automatically indicates if you are in a meeting, away from your desk, on a phone call or available to chat.
- Voice & Video Calling - Make voice calls directly from your Jabber client. Video calls are supported with the use of a webcam.
- Employee Lookup - Use Jabber's integrated lookup service to quickly find your colleagues to place a call or initiate an instant message.
- File Transfer - Send files instantly to participants.
- Screen Capture & Screen Share - Take and send instant screen shots or share your screen live with participants.
- Conversation History - View previous instant message conversations.
- Call History - View a list of calls you previously placed or received.
- Visual Voicemail - Manage your voicemail messages from Jabber using the visual interface.
If you are using a University computer, Cisco Jabber may already be installed. If not, contact the helpdesk for assistance.