Did you blow your first exam and now you are wondering what to do?
It is always a good practice to review every test after you receive the grade. Not only can you determine where you made mistakes, but you can also determine if your study skills need to be improved.
Here are five things to consider after a test.
- Be honest on your preparation for the test. Did you really study as much as you think? Or were you studying while watching a Netflix marathon? Maybe you need to find another study place with a different environment.
- Review the exam. Where were your mistakes? Were they from lack of knowledge or careless errors?
- Ask your professor how you can improve on the next test.
- Examine your study habits. Are you studying every day or just waiting until the night before to pull an all-nighter of binge studying?
- Visit the Academic Success Center and go over your test with a tutor. Learn from your mistakes.
For additional support, schedule an appointment with a tutor.