Learn more about Career Services' online resources
Career Services has several online resources to help students and alumni prepare for their careers. Whether you’re looking for a job or pursuing grad school, check out these online resources that can help you succeed!
The first step to finding a satisfying major or career is to learn as much about yourself as possible. Start with Focus 2, a self-paced, online career and education planning tool. It provides a complete picture of your interests, values, personality, skills and leisure activities using self-assessment questionnaires, interest inventories and personality testing.
Here's how to create a Focus 2 account:
- Visit https://www.focus2career.com/portal/login.cfm?SID=1591
- Register using your txwes.edu email
- Your Focus2 registration password will be "RAMS"
Career Services has recently partnered with Handshake to assist students and alumni with:
- Off-campus job postings
- Scheduling an appointment with a career counselor
- Internship opportunities
- RSVP for events such as Career Fairs and Graduate School Fairs
- Networking with Texas Wesleyan alumni
To start pursuing a job:
- Visit https://txwes.joinhandshake.com/
- Register your account or login using your txwes.edu email
- Upload your resume and cover letter
- View the job board and begin the job search process
Looking to improve your interview skills? Ace your next interview with Big Interview, a software program that provides free, online interview practice tools. Big Interview can assist students and alumni with:
- Mock interviews
- Comprehensive video training
- Step-by-step interview answer builders
- Resume curriculum and much more.
Register your Big Interview account here: https://txwes.biginterview.com/, using your txwes.edu email.