ASB 2019 - Applications Close Feb. 25th
Alternative Break trips are centered on social issues and are service-learning experiences. The trips allow students to connect with different communities while working to create positive, sustainable change. These experiences are immersive and participants say they build lasting relationships with the other students on the trip.
This year’s trip will focus on assisting with natural disaster relief. Participants will work directly with the High Socks for Hope helping family’s get back into their homes. The application to join this year’s trip can be found on RamSpace here.
Benefits of participation:
- Meaningful community service
- Meet new people & make friends
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Gain leadership skills
We will provide the travel! The trip starts Saturday, March 9 and arrives back to TXWES on Thursday, March 14.
The cost of the trip is $150. Cost includes transportation, housing, lunch, and breakfast. If you are interested in the trip but unable to afford it, please fill out an application for the student development fund here.
How to Apply:
1. Alternative Spring Break (ASB) application period: Jan. 16 – Feb. 25.
2. The link is currently live and will close on Feb. 25 apply here.
3. Applicants will be notified before Feb. 27. Once notified, applicants must accept and pay the $150 fee by Monday, March 4 to the cashier's office on the third floor of Oneal-Sells Admin. Then bring receipt of payment to Barbara Barnhart in the Student Engagement Suite.
4. If accepted applicants do not make the payment, they will lose their spot. At this point, we will notify waitlisted applicants and offer them the spot.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Barbara Barnhart at 817.531.6522