We are here to assist supervisors and departments with the recruiting and hiring process. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have at 817-531-7504. You may also find more information on the University’s recruiting and hiring policies in the Employee Handbook.
All job posting requests and hiring proposals are initiated in the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system. To request access and schedule a time for training in the system, please contact Christi Tallent at firstname.lastname@example.org ext. 7504.
Reference and step-by-step instruction can be found in the People Admin User Guide.
To assist you in the hiring process, please review the Full-Time and Part-Time Staff Hiring Procedures.
- All PeopleAdmin postings are completed by using the approved job description for the specific position. For new positions, (Staff, faculty or adjunct), please submit the new or revised job description to email@example.com for approval.
- Supervisors will screen applicants and move applications through the workflow (“Interview”, “Not Interviewed”, etc.)
- The hiring department schedules interviews and conducts phone screenings when applicants are selected for an interview. Helpful interview tips can be found in Hiring Best Practices.
- When interviews are concluded and a candidate has been selected, the hiring supervisor must initiate a Hiring Proposal for the selected candidate.
- All applicants who were interviewed and not selected, must be marked as “Interviewed; Not Hired”. The Hiring Proposal will need to be submitted and moved to the workflow for approval.
- Please complete the Interview Summary Spreadsheet and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any notes taken during the interview process will need to be uploaded in PeopleAdmin.
- At this time, the hiring supervisor may make a verbal offer to the selected candidate, however, the official offer of employment and letter will be sent by the Human Resources office.
- After Finance has approved the Hiring Proposal, the Human Resources office will receive the proposal and the offer of employment letter will be signed by the Associate Vice President of Human Resources and sent via email to the candidate with the new hire paperwork attached. The Hiring Supervisor will be cc'd on the email.
- Human Resources will notify the supervisor when the employee is hired and an ID number is assigned.
- After an ID number is assigned, the department is responsible for requesting account access through the IT department which includes an email account, phone extension, colleague access, etc. To submit the request, please visit the IT website.
- The payroll calendar and information on time entry training can be found on the Payroll website.
- Within the first month of employment, Human Resources will schedule (via email) the new employee for Orientation.