If you witness a hostage situation or hostage attempt:
- Do not intervene or call attention to yourself.
- Get to a safe place.
- Call 911 or 9-911 from an on-campus phone and give police the following information:
- Number of hostage takers.
- Description of hostage takers.
- Type of weapon(s) being used or description.
- Number and names of hostages.
- Demands and instructions hostage takers have given.
- Report known injuries or medical needs.
- Remain on the line with the police until they arrive.
- Have someone call Campus Security at 817-531-4911 or ext. 4911 to clear the area.