The 2024-2025 FAFSA form is now available “for short periods of time to ensure a better experience for students and families” on StudentAid.gov. If the form is not available when you visit Federal Student Aid's website, please check back later to complete your 24-25 FAFSA.
There are some important changes to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2024-2025 academic year. These changes are being made by the U.S. Department of Education and will affect all students who are applying for federal financial aid.
Here are the key changes:
- The FAFSA application process was streamlined, making it easier for students to complete and the number of questions has been reduced.
- The use of the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is now mandatory.
- Starting with the 2024-25 award year, the FAFSA will use the Student Aid Index (SAI) to measure a student's ability to pay for college instead of the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The SAI removes the number of family members in college from the calculation, allows a minimum SAI of –1500 and implements separate eligibility determination criteria for Federal Pell Grants.
- Eligibility for federal financial aid will be expanded.
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA determines your financial aid eligibility for the summer 2024, fall 2024, and spring 2025.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.