Exceeding Expectations & Moving Forward: The Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month Events are in full swing!
With the help of the Latinx Heritage Committee, the Student Diversity and Inclusion Programs and the Diversity and Inclusion Council, there are different ways to get involved and experience events all month long to celebrate the Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month.
- Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month Fiesta — Oct. 5 from noon - 1:15 p.m. in the Ampitheater
- This celebration will honor the cultures of members of Hispanic and Latinx communities with a locally owned taco truck, live music, Latinx themed giveaways and an opportunity to socialize with the Hispanic and Latinx members of the Texas Wesleyan community.
- Alumni Presents: "El Mariachi & El Sonido Mexicano" — Oct. 7 from noon - 1:15 p.m. in the Science Lecture Theater
- Join Javier Careaga and Alex Valdovinos, music department alumni, as they talk about Mariachi, its origins and other important musical genres that evolved in Mexico throughout the 20th century.
- A Town Hall with President Slabach & Student Life — Oct. 12 from noon - 1:15 p.m. on Zoom
- Come join as President Slabach reflects and shares how Texas Wesleyan has become more receptive to the Latinx community of students, faculty and staff. We will also hear about future plans and strategies for the University as a Hispanic Serving Institution.
- Nuestra Voz: A Conversation for Latinx Students at TXWES — Oct. 14 from noon - 1 p.m. in the Martin Center Ballroom
- Student Diversity and Inclusion Programs, in collaboration with the Latinx Heritage Committee of the Diversity and Inclusion Council, will be hosting an affinity space for Rams to discuss their experiences as Latinx students at Texas Wesleyan. This will be a safe space for students to share how it feels to be Latinx at Texas Wesleyan and how the University can best support them.
Find additional information on RamSpace: https://txwes.campuslabs.com/engage/