About The Program
Get your teacher certification, Master of Arts in Teaching and paid classroom experience. Now that's a program that works for you.
As a Leadership Academy Network (LAN) Teacher Residency student, you will:
- Spend your first year working under a LAN master teacher. You'll earn a salary and benefits working as a FWISD teacher resident and earn your teacher certification.
- Spend your second year teaching full-time while completing online or evening master's degree classes in one of five concentrations.
Learn from experienced professors who are former principals, administrators and superintendents. You’ll graduate from Texas Wesleyan prepared to complete the Performance Assessment for School Leaders (PASL), ready to take on a new leadership role in education.
Become a teaching leader on a struggling campus with strategies to improve student achievement, parental involvement and social and emotional student development. With special program components that focus on leadership and ESL, you’ll learn the culturally-responsive teaching methods needed for your classroom.
Learn how to develop literacy skills and help stalled readers. Learn how to identify reading difficulties and help English as a Second Language readers and adult readers.
You’ll learn the foundations of reading and how to identify and fix reading difficulties. You’ll get research and real-world experience in elementary or secondary content areas from our expert professors.
Understand the cultural issues for non-English speakers of different ages. We’ll teach you the importance of communication across cultures – and you’ll learn how to transform a classroom with it.
Online Info Session
Join an admissions counselor in an online information session. They will answer all your questions and get you on track to complete your LAN Teacher Residency.
- Finish with an EC-6 with ESL teaching certification and a Master of Arts in Teaching in two years
- Cut the line and have an advantage over the competition for a LAN job after your first year
- Earn a salary and benefits while training and completing your course work
- Scholarships up to $9,000 are available for the first year and $5,000 for the second year