Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question about Residence Life? Check out our list of frequently asked questions.

Future Residents Current Residents Move-In Questions

Future Residents

How do I sign up for my housing next year?
  1. Log into myHousing to begin filling out your housing application.  
    • Click Login in the upper right hand corner of myHousing
    • Select the button that says "TXWES-Student SSO Login"
    • Login using your Texas Wesleyan email address and password
  2. The first step is to pay a $100 non-refundable security deposit. 
  3. There is a 2-3 business days processing period for your security deposit. Once your payment is processed, you log back into myHousing to fill out your roommate profile, sign the housing contract and submit your application. We'll send you a reminder!
  4. Once you submit your Housing application, you will receive a confirmation email.  
    • All information regarding the room assignment process, move-in, and your housing status will be sent to your Texas Wesleyan University email address.
What is the deadline to apply for housing?

The priority deadline for the 2022-2023 academic year is June 1Applications submitted by the priority deadline date have priority for room selections, placement and are more likely to get their first hall preference. The housing application will remain open after the priority deadline until the last day to enroll in classes. Students who apply after the priority deadline date will be assigned a room based on the date that they completed their housing application. 

How much does it cost to apply for housing?

You must pay a non-refundable $100 security deposit as the first step to the housing application. 

What is the Housing Requirement?

All students with less than 30 college credit hours who are under the age of 21 are required to live in on-campus university housing unless they are married, divorced, live with their parents, or have a dependent child. 

If you fit these criteria and do not wish to live on campus, you must submit a Residency Requirement Exemption Request. The Residency Requirement Exemption Request can be found in myHousing under the Forms/Request section.

I am a first-year student. Can I live in West Village or The Rosedale?

No, both West Village and The Rosedale are reserved for sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students. First-year students are assigned to Stella Russell Hall and Elizabeth Means Armstrong Hall. 

What happens if my building preference fills up?

Students can request to be put on a waiting list for a building or room type by emailing If an opening becomes available, the student will be notified via their Texas Wesleyan email address. 

What is the length of the Housing Contract?

The contract is binding for the entire academic year excluding winter break. In an effort to stabilize our occupancy and best project spaces for incoming students in the spring semester, we do not allow fall-only contracts.  Students who graduate in December are able to cancel their spring housing at no cost. 

Spring-only contracts will be available for students entering Texas Wesleyan in the spring semester or for current students who decide they want to move on-campus.  See the Housing Contract for more information. 

How much does housing cost next year?

Information regarding Housing cost can be found on the Housing website. The costs listed are per semester. Housing costs are updated every Spring for the upcoming year. 

How do I pay for my residence hall?

Room and Board charges are added to a student’s account. Students can pay their bill or set up a payment plan via RamLink. If you have questions about your student bill, please contact the Cashier’s Office. 

How much does the meal plan cost? Do I have to have a meal plan?

All students living in the residence halls are required to select the Platinum meal plan which includes unlimited meal swipes to the dining hall and $175 Rambucks. Graduate students living on-campus may opt-out of a meal plan or select any one of the student plans.

Information regarding the cost of the meal plans can be found on the Dining page.  

How does the meal plan work?

With the Platinum meal plan that is required of on campus students, students receive: 

  1. Unlimited meal swipes at Dora’s Café.  
  2. $175 Ram bucks per semester.  These can be used at Which Wich, Premium Piece, Zoca, and Starbucks in Gina’s Café. 

Want more information on Dining Services? Check them out here. 

I am highly allergic to specific items. Who can help?

In the housing application, there is a section for Special Accommodations. If you have allergies, you will include them on the application and you must submit an Accommodations Request Form. Please contact our office at or 817-413-5000 to request this form. If the allergies are food-related and restrict your diet, the Office of Residence Life will work with Dining Services and the student. 

I have a disability that requires special housing accommodations. What do I do?

In the housing application there is a section for Special Accommodations. If you have a disability that requires special housing accommodations, you will include these on the application and you must submit an Accommodations Request Form. Please contact our office at or 817-413-5000 to request this form. If you have questions about specific accommodations for disabilities or medical conditions, please contact us or the Director for Title IX and ADA Compliance at 817-531-4872. 

What size are the beds?

All residence hall mattresses are extra-long twins, measuring 80″ x 36″. To help avoid the frustration of purchasing linens that may not fit, be sure to check that the packaging states “Extra-Long Twin”.   

Texas Wesleyan Residence Life also partners with OCM for linens and other residence hall essentials.  You may find their web page that is directed tTexas Wesleyan students at 

Do the residence halls have wireless internet?

Yes! All residence halls have wireless internet available to students. Each room is also equipped with an Internet outlet box that allows for wired Internet access via an Ethernet cable. 

Can students apply for housing for the spring semester?

Dependent on occupancy numbers, the Office of Residence Life may open a spring-only application for students wishing to move on campus in the spring semester. This application would open in early November. Students would apply through myHousing. 

Is family housing available?

Yes, The Rosedale is an apartment-style residence hall available for students who are in need of family housing to live with spouses or dependent children.

Current Residents

What do I do if I am locked out of my room?

From 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM residents should call Campus Security (817.531.4911) to unlock their room. Campus Security will unlock the room as soon as it is possible to do so.  

Between 5:00 PM and 8:00 AM the RA on Duty can provide lockout services. Residents can phone their RA using the posted RA on-call phone number.  

For all lockouts, the resident will be required to show identification and may have to wait several minutes.  

What is my mailing address and how do I get my mail?

Students receive mail at University Mail Services located at the east end in the lower level of West LibraryYou will need to obtain a mailbox and key from mail services shortly after your arrival on campus. When you sign up for a mailbox (free of charge) you will use that box number as your mailing address to receive letters and packages on campus.   

Mail and packages should be addressed as indicated below: 


817 Wesleyan Street Box ### 

Ft Worth, TX 76105 

You will be notified when your packages arrive by receiving an email from University Mailing Services to your Texas Wesleyan email account. You will not receive a notice for letter mail, so it is important to check your mailbox periodically.  


How do I submit a work order?

To submit a work order, log in to the School Dude system and log in with your Texas Wesleyan email and password.  

Click here to view instructional videos on submitting work orders and using the new requester app.

How do the laundry facilities work?

Laundry facilities are located in each residence hall. It is free to use the laundry machines on campus.  

You can use the LaundryView monitoring system to monitor the status of washers and dryers in the laundry rooms. Not only can you see what machines are available, you can also see how many minutes are left on each cycle. Want to take it a step further? Have an alert sent to you via e-mail or text message when a machine finishesRepair problems on washers and dryers can be submitting using the QR code on the machines. 

How do I access the internet?

You may connect to the TXWES-Secure network on your wireless device using your RamLink log in. The Office of Information Technology has created a series of videos to assist you with connecting your devices. 

Each room is also equipped with an Internet outlet box that allows for wired Internet access via an Ethernet cable. 

If you have any questions please visit the IT Service Desk in the basement of the Eunice & James L. West Library or contact 

What are quiet hours?

Quiet hours are 10 pm - 10 am daily. Noise contained within a room is the concern of roommates, but noise traveling beyond the walls of a room is the concern of all residents. Residents and guests must respect the rights of the other members of the residential community.  While the residential community is expected to govern itself with regards to noise in the residence halls; the housing staff will intervene if necessary.  

Can I stay on campus over the breaks?

Residents are permitted to stay on campus over the breaks. Specific break dates can be found in the housing contract under section 9c on page 3Residents staying over the Winter Break will be charged an additional rate as winter break is not included in the housing costs. Students wanting to apply for Winter Break housing will do so through myHousing.  

Do I need to move all my belongings out for breaks, holidays?

No, you do not need to move all your belongings out of your room over the breaks. Residents only need to move out of the room at the end of the Spring semester. 


When is move in for the fall semester?

First-year students assigned to Stella and Elizabeth Hall will have a move-in date of Thursday, Aug. 18, 2022. Upperclassmen students assigned to West Village and OC Hall may move in on Friday, Aug. 19, 2022. More specific information regarding move-in will be communicated to students’ Texas Wesleyan email accounts throughout the summer. 

When do student athletes move onto campus?

The move in date for athletic teams is set in partnership between the team coach and Residence Life. Details regarding the move in date for a specific team will be communicated to students via their coaches and the Office of Residence Life once the dates have been set. 

I want to move in early during the summer, is that possible?

Move-In prior to the scheduled move in day is not permitted without written approval from Residence Life. If you believe you have extenuating circumstances that might qualify you to move in early, please email us at to receive more information. 

What should/shouldn't I pack?

We advise mindfully packing — see our What to Pack graphic. As always, remember that you are responsible for your space upon your move-out. Refrain from using screws, nails, wallpaper or any other item that may cause permanent damage.

Where do I go to check in on Move In Day?

All students moving into Stella Russell Hall and Elizabeth Hall on Aug. 18  between 8 a.m.-1 p.m. will check-in at Stella Russell Hall in the lobby. The address for Stella Russell Hall is 3101 Avenue B, Fort Worth, Texas 76105. 

All students moving into West Village Apartments, OC Hall on Aug. 19 between 8 a.m.-1 p.m. will check-in at the West Village Clubhouse. The address for West Village is 817 Wesleyan St, Fort Worth, TX 76105. 

On move-in days, drivers can access the halls by entering the drive gates off of Wesleyan Street. Please follow signage and staff that will be showing you where to unload and park.


What do I need to bring with me in order to check in and receive my room keys?

Residents will need to bring their student ID with them to check in. If you have not received your student ID yet, you will need to be able to provide a photo ID such as a driver's license, state-issued id card, passport as well as know your student ID number. 

Residents are also required to be registered for classes in order to check in. If a student is not registered for classes, they will not be permitted to check in until they have registered with the Registrar's Office. 

How will the check-in and move-in process work?
  1. Residence Life staff will be showing cars where they can stop to unload belongings. After a car is unloaded, we ask the driver to park in our designated parking lots. 
  2. As your car is unloading, you will be able to enter your residence hall lounge and check in with staff at the check-in table. They will be providing you with keys to your room, your hall’s exterior doors.
  3. With those, you will head to your floor where an RA will greet you and show you to your room. They will be helping to ensure everything is right with your room and help find solutions if there is anything you need.
  4. Once you are all settled, there will be plenty of things to do that day (and beyond). At check-in, you will receive information and a schedule of our Welcome Week activities.
Will there be helpers to help us move in?

Yes, we will have volunteers present that day to help unload and move in your belongings. Residence Life staff will also be present to give directions and answer questions.


Will there be move-in carts or dollies available?

No, there will not be move-in carts or dollies available. Residents are encouraged to bring their own dollies or carts to assist with moving large items. 

The Rosedale

How do I apply for an apartment at The Rosedale?

Go to and select “Apply.”

Do I have to be a student to live at The Rosedale?

Yes, you must be a registered student at Texas Wesleyan University.

When can I move in?

This year (2022) students can move in after July 15.

How long of a lease do you offer?

We offer 1 to 2 year leases.

Is there a security deposit?

Yes, there is a $200 security deposit.

Are there any other fees?

Yes, there is an application fee of $40 per applicant.

What utilities do I have to set up?

Electricity: Your provider of choice. We will need the proof of utility conversion.

What appliances come with the apartment?

Washer & dryer, stove, microwave, refrigerator

What are the property amenities?

Elevator, Inside Mail Center, Roof Top Terrance, Gym, Amazon Lockers, Study Lab, Conference room, *Storage, *Carport Parking. (* For an additional cost)

How do I get into my apartment?

At move in, you will be provided with a fob to allow easy access into your apartment.

What is the move in process?

On the day of your lease start date, you will come to the office to sign for your keys.

How do I receive my mailbox key?

To receive your mailbox key, you would need to turn in your Inventory & Condition form that is in your blue folder given to you at move-in.

How do I place a maintenance request?

Please log into your portal and select the “maintenance” tab. Then select “Maintenance Request.”

How do I pay rent?

Log into your portal then select the “payment” tab.

What do I do if there is an emergency after hours?

Please call the emergency line.

Is there extra parking?

There is street side parking on East Rosedale St.

I have additional questions, who do I contact?

You can contact The Rosedale's leasing office via phone at 817-378-4884 or via email at with any additional questions.